Inpatient Solution to Manage Privacy and Security Events
Managing HIPAA privacy events is a huge challenge for healthcare organizations. Compliance processes are labor intensive and inefficient. With no well-organized, automated way to file complaints, log, track and report privacy events - and an ever changing patchwork of state and federal regulations – organizations have an increased risk of fines, sanctions and privacy breaches. In addition, new challenges continue to surface as patients increasingly understand their rights under HIPAA and become eligible to receive a portion of the fines levied.
- Establish a standardized, HIPAA compliant process for disclosure tracking and management.
- Improve efficiency of limited privacy staff through workflow automation.
- Maintain full documentation of how your organization manages disclosures and other HIPAA requests.
- Minimize your potential liability from a privacy breach.
- Establish a privacy database for management reporting and historical data analysis.
- Wrongful Disclosure Tracking - establish a standardized workflow process to manage wrongful disclosures, including assistance with Breach Analysis and Risk Assessment. Maintain complete documentation and create a database for management reporting and analysis.
- Amendment & Restriction Requests - automate your handling of patient requests for amendments and restrictions to their medical record.
- Security Incident Tracking - automated support for your IT security team to track and manage security incidents.
- Privacy/Security Issue Tracking - track and manage other issues for your privacy or security teams
- PrivacyPro™ Library Tools - use our tools for policy and form templates, workforce training, industry best practices, state specific rules, etc.
- Business Associate Tracking - track your business associates and BA agreements in a consistent online manner
- Assessments - evaluate your organization for compliance against a standard set of questions or criteria including HIPAA security or privacy risk assessments and organization audits.
Our associated services make it easy to rollout PrivacyPro™ with little, if any, IT support and also support your Privacy and Security Program on an ongoing basis:
- Setup and customize your dedicated instance of PrivacyPro™ to the needs of your organization.
- Onsite and web-based training for your privacy and security teams.
- Integration with FairWarning and similar security information management systems.
- Expert consulting on a wide spectrum of HIPAA subjects including Privacy and Security Risk Analysis.
- Ongoing updates to the PrivacyPro™ Library based on new regulations and best practices.
- Technical support and system administration.
- PrivacyPro™ is a cloud-based solution that requires no IT resources
- Each customer receives a dedicated web site customized for their organization
- Access to PrivacyPro is via a secure SSL connection
- All customer data is encrypted per HIPAA guidelines
- PrivacyPro™ is hosted in a SAS 70 / SSAE16 compliant data center
- Integrates with your standard e-mail